Thursday, June 17, 2010

Special Day at the Splash Pad


I can't believe it has been almost a week since I last posted. I have been busy with class work, working out and getting my niece to swim meets. I am now down to 215 and more than my weight has changed. 


Many of you don't know this, but for many years I was somewhat of a recluse. Yes, I took my children to school, picked them up, went to their ball games and concerts, grocery shopped and went to my own classes; but I wasn't very social and I went out only if I had to. In fact, during the summers I would only leave the house every two weeks to shop for groceries. Last weekend was very different for me.


I took both of my nieces to the splash pad in Florence, Alabama on Sunday. A splash pad is a series of fountains set on a timer to move up and down and even spew water at full blast! Florence boasts a beautiful one fully equipped with a great sound system and a light show at night. After convincing my 3-year old niece that it was okay to be splashed, I sat on the grass in the sun... in shorts... in my BATHING SUIT!!! I notice that as I spend time working on myself, my confidence is growing. Two weeks ago I would not have stepped foot outside of my door wearing anything but jeans and a t-shirt; a very baggy t-shirt at that; but today I actually wore a fitted, yellow t-shirt. 


One thing about the sun-- it burns. I don't understand one thing, but perhaps someone will answer it for me. My back was bare and shoulders were bare and of course, burned. My arms were bare and while not burned, they darkened some. My feet-- talk about the worst place to be sunburned. Here is what I don't understand-- my legs were bare and got no color at all. My theory is that the sun took one look at my fat, ugly legs and hid behind the clouds. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! A new post! I have been waiting anxiously for you to write a new blog post about your journey! A sunburn on the top of the feet is painful, indeed.

    ReplyDelete